I've heard it said that people shouldn't even bother having children if they are just going to have someone else raise them.
Ouch.
I HAVE enjoyed my time at home. 5 months home with each of them after their entrance into this world. It has been such a blessing. BUT, I have to work. No. I want to work. I want it all. No, I don't want to leave my children everyday. Yes, I do want to be a teacher. Yes, we need the finances.
Yes, I'm sure we could live on much less. We could sell a car, buy used clothes, coupon clip like mad, use less, reuse more, etc...
Why am I forced to feel guilty for choosing to be a working mom?
3 comments:
I love staying at home... I wouldn't trade it. However, I feel I have been called to stay at home. Similar, I'm sure, to how you feel about being called to teach. God has called you to be where you are and if some people can't understand that, well its not your problem. As long as you are at peace with what you are doing, teach-on sister... and know that just because someone stays at home with their kids doesn't make them a "good" mom... and just because you work doesn't make you a bad one! Love you girl :-)
It is an endless battle! The guilt never seems to go away. Like you, financially I have to work, but also love working. It completes me. Don't feel bad, you are doing what's best for your family, and that's all that matters in the end!
(PS - I follow you from BBC - in case you were wondering!)
You are where you are needed most. Your children are loved and well cared for, even when they are not in your care. You are not working every minute they are awake. You see them, you love them, you raise them. God put you in the classroom to show love, understanding, and to nurture the children who do not get shown any of that at home. I think you have the best of both worlds.
Tosha
Post a Comment