Friday, September 10, 2010

Poop

Phew! As many of you know, life is CRAZY with little ones. Here is what is happening at the McAfee home as of late.

Firstly, we decided to switch Elliette from breastfeeding to soy formula. At first we thought she was colic, but seeing her cry out in pain and fuss so much I thought there HAD to be something I could do to help her. I did some research and figured that she might be sensitive to cow's milk protein that was passing through my breast milk. The first night we tried it, she slept a straight 4 hours. Not to mention she has been so much more laid back and content.

Several times it has passed through my head that THIS is what having a baby is supposed to be like. I never knew. Caden was extremely fussy and now Ellie was too. WOW!

NOW...onto POOP.

Baby formula= loads of iron= constipation.
Constipation= 5 days without pooping = suppository :(

So...one wasn't pooping. Well, that was until the suppository. Then she went through a good 5 days worth of poops. Poor baby!!!

AND the other is pooping like crazy!!! Yesterday, Caden put one tiny pebble of a poop in his potty. He told me he needed to do it. What a big boy ! So, I took him out on a special date to Bounce Planet & Steak 'n' Shake. Ok, the latter was more for myself. :) Well today, he has already gone poop on the potty 5 times!!!! Needless to say, since poops on a little potty that has to be cleaned out each time I've been up to my ears in poop today.

I'm not sure whether to be happy or not about all of this, but I do know that I'm exhausted. Maybe Ellie will pull some more of those 4 hour stretches at night again???

**Spelling and typing errors must be forgiven; I haven't slept much in the past 6 weeks.**

No comments: