Well, it's been over a week that I've given up breastfeeding. Elliette was sooo fussy and in such pain all the time. People said it might be dairy and to try giving it up. I gave up milk and cheese for about a week and didn't see much of a difference. Maybe because the other products I was eating were still made with milk. So, in a moment of utter desperation I mentioned to Mark that maybe we should try soy formula like we did for Caden.
This has been such a tough thing for me. I cried like I haven't cried in a while as Mark reassured me that he thought it was the best thing. She is a much different baby now; more content and willing to sleep and play without too much fussing. I see now what a "normal" baby is supposed to act like. We've just had 2 fussy babies and I was beginning to think that was the norm.
I never really bonded with Caden through breastfeeding, but this time around it was different. I am still thinking about my choice and the thought passes through my head more than once a day that I could still start back up if I wanted to.... why is this so hard? Could I have tried further to give up all things made with even a hint of dairy?? Should I just have given it a couple months and let her outgrow it??
It was just so rewarding seeing Elliette gain so much weight each week knowing that I alone was providing her nutrition of the best kind.
I'm pretty sure I'm not going back. She is already successfully taking a bottle and doing much better. But the thought will still cross my mind.
Any understanders out there?
No comments:
Post a Comment