Monday, August 30, 2010

1 month later....

Elliette is a month old today and the past month has been a whirlwind of events. Mostly it has consisted of nursing Elliette, calming Elliette, trying to get her to sleep, playing with Caden, and changing 2 sets of diapers. Here a some short updates:

Elliette- She is nursing like a champ and although she still hasn't given us much rest, we are learning to cope. It has been great for my faith in Jesus and for teaching me to rely on others, especially Mark. She is a beautiful little blessing that requires a lot of stamina! I love her.

Caden- What a joy! I wish I could freeze him in this time of his life. He has so much to say, such an imagination, and such a big heart!! It's fun to watch him try to manipulate situations. It's a joy to take him to church and see his face light up at the sight of it and then to listen to his bedtime prayers thanking God for the long list of people that he loves. I read everywhere that 2-3 olds should be using 2-3 word sentences. Caden never ceases to amaze me with his recalling of his dreams from the night before or some crazy story about something that happened months ago. He definitely surpasses any expectations I could have had for him.

Mark- Wow...what would I do without him? I know he struggles with being tired, caring for 2 children, working, and providing for the family...what man doesn't? But despite that he continues to show up for me day after day when I need him the most. Thank you, God!

Me- I continue to try to see Jesus in all things and people. I am working everyday at making today better than yesterday. I am striving to enjoy my children in the moments because I know they will soon be gone. It's been a month since Ellie J was born and September is the month I start getting back into things. I'm looking forward to Real Moms at church, kickboxing, training for a 5 K with Lauren, Bagels & Books bookclub meeting, and the upcoming fall season which is sure to bring some fun memories.

No comments: