Sunday, January 23, 2011

'That Kid'

I am sad to announce that we have that kid.

That kid that bullies other children. That kid that screams and yells. That kid that says awful words full of hate. That kid that teachers cringe when they see him coming. That kid that says disrespectful things to adults.

Caden definitely has a temper. He is two years old I know, but his temper goes beyond that of a regular tantrum. When I picked him up from his classroom at church today I could see the disappointed look on the teachers' faces. They told me calmly in code words for "Your child is awful!" that Caden was very frustrated today and shouted "I HATE you" and "I am going to throw all of these toys". He even had the gall to act like this in front of me. The teacher was holding him talking to him in a nice calm voice and I looked over and saw him pointing his finger in his face telling her that she was mean.

I know what it's like to be disrespected by children and all of the time I ask myself how their parents could let them get this out of control. And now I have one of them.....granted he is only almost 3 years old and thankfully I have a couple of years to change his ways before he goes off to school but how?

Help! And please don't tell me that this is normal 2 year old behavior. We are around plenty of children that do not treat people this way.

2 comments:

AbbyS. said...

Hey there. Just saw your comment on What The Teacher Wants and I teach 3rd and I am ALWAYS looking for good a good third grade blog.
I love sharing ideas so I am hosting a blog carnival on Thursdays over on my blog. TEACHER TALK THURSDAYS. Come check it out and even play along.

Bethany said...

Ugh, so sorry you're going through this. I can't share any personal experiences as my son is 5 and a half months old, but I am very sympathetic :(