As December approaches I am forced to think about January which is the month in which I go back to work as a 3rd grade teacher. I am so very thankful for my career and job at my particular school and I do not want to seem ungrateful for this opportunity. Despite the fact that we are now living paycheck-to-paycheck and I NEED to work, I also want to go back to work. Yes, I am dreading leaving my babies and am going to be sad that I will no longer be able to hang out with my other stay at home mom friends. However, I have a wonderful husband who will be home with them most days and the other days my sweet mom will be caring for the two kids.
Even though I am excited to go back I can't help but to be nervous. Questions race through my mind at lightning pace: Will the kids be too upset that their teacher (the sub) is leaving to embrace me and my style? Will I be able to learn about them quickly enough to be an effective teacher? With all of the changes in curriculum will I be behind and therefore stressed out everyday? Will I be able to contribute enough to my teammates all while trying to get home to do dinner and be with my babies before they go to bed?
All questions aside, I know in the end everything will work out fine. Even though it will be hard to adjust and get back to work after being home for several months, I know that I will enjoy being around the students and teachers. I just hope that I am able to give 110% at school!
No comments:
Post a Comment